Sul'timova Tat'yana Dorzhievna, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of biotechnology,
East Siberia State University of Technology and Management (40v Klyuchevskaya street, Ulan-Ude, Russia), email@example.com
Svirina Mariya Mikhaylovna, Master’s degree student, East Siberia State University of Technology and Management (40v Klyuchevskaya street, Ulan-Ude, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Stoyanova Lidiya Grigor'evna, Doctor of biological sciences, professor, sub-department of microbiology, Lomonosov State University of Moscow (1 Leninskie Gory street, Moscow, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The possibility of using the bacteriocin-producing strain Lactococcus lactis K-205 as an antibacterial component in the gel composition was studied.
Materials and methods. The strain K-205 Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis and cleansing hand hygiene products were used. Classical microbiological methods for isolating and studying the morphological properties of microorganisms were used.
Each experiment was performed in triplicate and statistically processed.
Results. Morphological characteristics of microorganisms before and after treatment with hygienic agents (soap, antibacterial napkins and antibacterial gel) were studied. It was revealed that the culture of Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis K-205 has an antibacterial effect on all selected microorganisms from the surface of the skin of the hands.
Conclusions. As a result of the work, it was proved that the strain K-205 Lactococcus lactis in the antibacterial gel, containing in addition to the culture natural ingredients, has a prolonged antibacterial effect during the day and can be used as an
bacteriocin, antibacterial action, lactic acid bacteria, Lactococcus lactis, biotechnology, antibacterial gel
1. Stoyanova L. G., Sul'timova T. D., Botina S. G. Prikladnaya biokhimiya i mikrobiologiya [Applied biochemistry and microbiology]. 2006, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 560–568.
2. SanPiN 126.96.36.19930-10 Sanitarno-epidemiologicheskie trebovaniya k vzyatiyu smyvov s poverkhnosti kozhi ruk [SanPin 188.8.131.5230-10 Sanitary epidemiological standard of swab taking from hand skin]. Moscow, 2010.
3. Netrusov A. I., Kotova I. B. Mikrobiologiya: ucheb. dlya vysshikh ucheb. zavedeniy [Microbiology: textbook for universities]. Moscow: Akademiya, 2006, 362 p.
4. Netrusov A. I., Kotova I. B., Egorova M. A., Zakharchuk L. M., Kolotilova N. N. Mikrobiologiya: praktikum dlya vyssh. ucheb. zavedeniy [Microbiology: tutorial for universities]. Moscow: Akademiya, 2005, 608 p.
5. Ratnikova I. A., Gavrilova N. N., Kolokova N. N. Biotekhnologiya [Biotechnology]. 2005, no. 5-6, pp. 19, 20.
6. Stoyanova L. G., Sul'timova T. D., Stroeva A. R., Netrusov A. I. Zhurnal mikrobiologii, epidemiologii i immunobiologii [Journal of microbiology, epidemiology and immunology]. 2008, no. 1, pp. 60–63.
7. Kvasnikov E. I., Nesterenko O. A. Molochnokislye bakterii i ikh ispol'zovanie [Lactobacilli and their use]. Moscow: Nauka, 2003, pp. 23, 290–359.